Wish List Wednesday.
Personally, I find it tricky not to lust after something- be it a place, an item or whatever. This Wednesday, I'll be showing you the things on my current minimalist Wish List, which lead us into the Autumn/Fall season.
In no particular order:
 |
Diptyque Candles Regular: £40 at Harrods Mini: £20 at Selfridges
Firstly, I've been eyeing up diptyque candles for well over a couple years now (when Rumi Neely posted about them on Fashion Toast.) Unfortunately, the price tag is rather large for that belonging to a very 'mini' candle. However, my father taught me that Mimosa is the flower of International Women's Day, and has such a pleasant smell that reminds me of the florist's stall in Mayfair. |
 |
Pierre Hardy Fur-Trim Sneakers
£695 at Barney's.
Before anybody tries telling me that these are utterly 'unwearable'', I suppose I ought to remind you that you're talking to the girl who wears her Celine fur lined sandals almost daily! These are such a fun, high fashion take on the casual sports luxe trainer, and would be such fun to incorporate into a closet full of clean lines. For me- the texture of fur just adds luxurious volume to any otherwise simple outfit! The price is asking a little much, however, my black and white Warhol Nike '82 Pegasus' simple don't have the same 'wow' factor! |
 |
UNIQLO Extra Fine Merino Polo Neck Sweater
£20 at UNIQLO.com
I've got an amounting collection of perfect beatnik sweaters, but there's something more modern about this white one. Quality is a huge factor for me, as I really appreciate garments that feel 'special' in one way or another. This seems like simply a bargain, a staple and a necessity. I think that it would look much more expensive when worn as well, which is always a positive. |
 |
Zara High Neck Sweater
£45.99 at Zara UK
Many a time have I seen this sweater in store. Folded and hung, it just looks like such a quality item- easily to the standards of Acne or Wang. It is a staple, which can be styled up or styled down. I like that the cropped sleeves add a structural element to an otherwise 'standard' item. There's a definite Francoise Hardy rocker chic element to the styling here as well, which completely has me sold. Reel in the Patti Smith and Lou Doillon style references and that's it- I'm in! |
 |
Voss Water 800ml
Around £8 for a few on Amazon or eBay
The only problem that I've encountered when attempting to purchase one of these is that they sell out quickly, when looking for individual bottles. They can be easily overpriced as well, but if you can find a safe deal- I think that these are very classic and sleek bottles. From what I've heard- there's nothing too special about the water itself, but if you're looking for something aesthetically pleasing to re-use everyday, why shouldn't it be this gorgeous and functional? |
 |
Zara Turtleneck Gilet With Slits
£45.99 at Zara
If it isn't already obvious- I'm totally adoring this season's knitwear from Zara. All of the pieces seem to drape well on me, and they have a timeless, slightly androgynous, architectural feel to them. I'm not a huge wearer of colour, but I think that this warm-dark hue is very wearable and chic. It's not garish at all. I'm finding it impossible to steer myself away from the beautifully oversized high turtlenecks, or the asymmetric proportions, but I feel that each of the knitwear pieces, including this one, could be layered as well. Not only this, but they could easily be sold for so much more than a mere £45.99 and passed off as Acne or The Row.
|
So, there it is- my autumn Wish List. Stay tuned for a Winter version. Let me know what's on your Wish List!
Ciao for Now,
R x
(instagram: @_rxnnie)
0 comments:
Post a Comment